Child Arrangements Order

In 2014 the government made a further change to family law in the UK with the introduction of the Children and Families Act and the concept of “Child Arrangements Orders”.

A Child Arrangements Order relates to where a child is to live, who they spend time with, or otherwise have contact with, and when a child is to do so. There are a number of ways to apply to become a Special Guardian. We can advise you about what is the appropriate way in your particular circumstances. Previously, a residence order determined where a child was to live, and a contact order set out the types of contact and the frequency of it. They are now one and the same under the heading of Child Arrangements Order.

We can help guide you through this complex area of family law and provide expert assistance at this crucial time.